Monday 19 January 2009

Revolution

As a child of the Sixties I’m very excited about the possibilities of Barack Obama’s Presidency. I have no Beatle comment today. I just wanted to make a brief statement to wish the people of the United States the very best of luck for the future at this time. I have nothing but good feelings about the Obama administration but I also realise that he has one of the most difficult jobs ahead. However, this is a bright man surrounded by bright people and when we look back at this point in history, I’m optimistic that we will see that there was an actual change in the direction this world has been taking. I’m sure I speak for most people when I say that we ALL wish him and his family the very best. It’s food for thought but, you know at the time I was born, the Civil Rights movement was in full swing and a little over forty years up the line the tide has turned, common sense has prevailed and genuine hope returns to the world.
Change can and does happen.

Peace and hope for the future.

1 comment:

Paul (the) K said...

Well said my friend, and happy new year to you! 8-)

I've just re-watched Obama's inauguration speech, sober but just right. He will certainly be one to watch, I am a little bit more for hopeful for the world than I have been for a very long time (possibly since the the morning of December 9th 1980, although do I remember feeling pretty good on July 13th 1985...).

Anyway, good luck to him.

By the way, an apology. I've enjoyed your last couple of posts, sorry I haven't chipped in. Normal service is hereby resumed! So, while I think about it, you are of course spot on re iTunes, downloads & all that - we want the real, physical, re-mastered deal!!

And Hollywood Bowl, and Shea, and Let It Be, and... 8-)

Speak soon, cheers for now!